The MOHH Pre-Employment Grant (PEG) is discretionary recruitment scheme to encourage Singaporean students studying medicine overseas to work as a house/medical officer in our public healthcare clusters after they graduate.
Singaporean students studying in an overseas medical school recognised by the Singapore Medical Council can apply for the Pre-Employment Grant (PEG) midway through their course. The grant covers up to 60% of the remaining years of tuition fees, capped at $50,000/year, up to a maximum sum of $150,000.
Recipients of the grant will be required to serve in the public healthcare clusters for a period of up to 4 years. The service period will include the one-year Housemanship which is served locally.
- Students receiving a 1-year grant will serve a 3-year bond
- Students receiving a 2-year or 3-year grant will serve a 4-year bond.
Who Can Apply?
Singapore Citizens studying in an overseas medical school recognised by the Singapore Medical Council will be eligible to apply. Singapore Permanent Residents are unfortunately not eligible for this grant.
Applicants must be mid-way through their course to apply:
- 4-year programme: Students going on to 3rd or 4th year
- 5-year programme: Students going on to 4th or 5th year
- 6-year programme: Students going on to 4th, 5th or 6th year
Application for students studying in Australia and New Zealand will open for 4 weeks in the December to January period. All applicants will be required to complete an online application form and submit the following documents through the online portal:
- A Level/ IB Certificate (or equivalent)
- University Transcripts (for applicants on graduate entry course)
- MBBS/ MD Transcripts (up to most recent year of study)
- Copy of NRIC/ Passport
- Passport-sized photograph
- Personal Statement
Following the submission of the application form and all required documents, all applicants will be invited for an interview with Senior Clinicians, typically held in at major cities in March.
For the most up-to-date information regarding the PEG, please visit: http://www.physician.mohh.com.sg/grant/about-pre-employment-grant
For any queries about the PEG, please contact email@example.com